The challenge on WeCraftCards this week is to plan for cooler weather and make a quilt card. The Monday SimonSaysStamp Blog challenge is to make a card with texture. I figure a quilt has lots of texture, so made sure the pieces of my quilt do have texture.

I have glitter paper, highly textured card, a couple of the pieces have embossing just on some of the images, there's a super smooth piece, and I popped up the center pieces, as well as the butterfly at the top. Some of the patterned paper is DCWV, some is Echo Park, and some is "other". The whole piece to the bottom left in the picture is alcohol ink on Yupo paper. Had lots of fun figuring this out and making it.

Here's another one I did:

My husband got me a Spellbinder's Glimmer machine for my birthday, so I used a die and foiled on the Spellbinder's paper for the glimmer machine. I had trouble stamping and "coloring" a couple of images, as the ink doesn't seem to dry on this paper and I didn't think to heat it before I smeared it. Oops! So, on this one, I wanted to see if I could use Distress Oxide Ink with water and just smoosh color onto my foiled piece. It worked quite well. However, I don't suggest running a dry cloth over the foil until it is completely and totally dry. The paper didn't like being that wet and peeled up a bit. So, if you're going to watercolor, let it air dry for a while, then go on. I am loving learning to use my new machine!

Thank you for spending some of your valuable time with me today.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more