Friday, September 20, 2024

Rewatching ‘Friends’ With My 10-Year-Old Daughter

Questions were asked.
Scary Mommy Daily
Sep. 20, 2024
Rewatching 'Friends' With My 10-Year-Old Daughter
the one where I explain condoms to my tween
Rewatching 'Friends' With My 10-Year-Old Daughter

Guess what? Sunday is the 30th anniversary of the premiere of Friends. (I know. I know!) And in honor of that landmark, we have a fun piece from Sarah Erdreich about the pleasures and perils of rewatching the show with her tween daughter. She sets the scene:

"Monica and Rachel were fighting over who got the last condom. They stood in the bathroom, playing rock paper scissors, as Richard and Ross waited outside of their girlfriends' respective bedrooms. The studio audience roared with laughter and I smiled, too, as much at the familiarity of a Friends episode as at the dialogue. Then I glanced at my 10-year-old daughter, who was curled up on the other end of the couch, a quizzical expression on her face. She looked at me. 'What's a condom?' Hannah asked."

You gotta take your teachable moments when they come! Find out how she handled it.

— Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
Cardi B at BET Experience 2024 at Crypto.com Arena on June 28, 2024 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Gilbert Flores/Billboard via Getty Images)
Gilbert Flores/Billboard/Getty Images
WAP = Workout After Pregnancy
Cardi B Claps Back Hard At People Criticizing Her Postpartum Workout

"Y'all dragged me down when I gained 15 pounds because I was 5 months pregnant but now yall fake concerned and wanna talk about pressure?"

Read More.
Romantasy Author Kerri Maniscalco's Love Of Fantasy Came From Her Grandmother
Ariela Basson/Scary Mommy; Getty Images, Shutterstock
what'a a porcullis
Romantasy Author Kerri Maniscalco's Love Of Fantasy Came From Her Grandmother

She's still just looking for fairy mounds.

Read More.
A woman with long, wavy hair sits in a car, looking confused while raising a hand to her forehead. Text above her reads,
TikTok
Won't Somebody Please Think Of The Children?!
This Mom Thinks Her Neighborhood's Halloween Decorations Are Too Scary

"In a neighborhood with children, why decorate your home with such horror?"

Read More.
Featured
'Transformers One' Is In Theaters: Here's Why You Should Take Your Family
Let's Go To The Movies
'Transformers One' Is In Theaters: Here's Why You Should Take Your Family

Growing up, Julie Sprankles wasn't a Barbie girl, she was a Transformers girl. Who better to interview Chris Hemsworth and Brian Tyree Henry about their roles in the latest installment in the franchise, Transformers One? She came away with five reasons you should take your teen or tween to see it in theaters; let her convince you!

Read More ⮕
What Else We're Reading
North Woods, Daniel Mason
A River Enchanted, Rebecca Ross
Tell Me Everything, Elizabeth Strout
Follow us on:
instagramfacebooktiktokx_social
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2024 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rewatching ‘Friends’ With My 10-Year-Old Daughter

Questions were asked. Sep. 20, 2024 the one where I explain condoms to my tween Rewatching 'Friends' With My 10-Year-Old Dau...