Tears fell out of Alexis' eyes as she scrolled through the messages.

I love you.

I miss you.

I can't wait to see you again.

Alexis cried as she continued to read messages of what was months of interactions with this woman. Judging from the dates, there were messages as far as the beginning of their relationship.

And he went to go see her. While on their honeymoon. Alexis read the message and remembered the date. It was the day that she was hanging out with his mom. He was gone for hours. What was he doing?

Alexis felt her heart start to beat hard in her chest. She closed out the applications and turned the phone off. She placed it back on Brian's nightstand, her sad eyes lingering over him before she went to lay back down. Covers pulled over her, she lay wide awake, staring at the ceiling.

I miss the feeling of your hugs.

I love you. I love you too.

Her thoughts were like horses racing through a field. He loved her. Where did that leave Alexis, though? He still married her, so he must love her. But he's been cheating this whole relationship. He even went to see the girl on their honeymoon.

Alexis pushed the palm of her hands to her eyes, willing herself to stop thinking.

*****************************************

The next day Alexis got up as if nothing was wrong. She gave Brian a good morning kiss and made breakfast. Her smile was a little sad as she looked at him, but Brian didn't seem to notice.

Later that day, Alexis picked up his phone. His eyes darted to her.

"What are you doing on my phone?" Brian asked as he reached for it.

"I'm just looking." Brian sat perfectly still beside her.

Alexis scrolled to the messages and clicked on the messages she read last night.

"Who is Lindsey?"

"She's just a friend."

"Then why does it say you guys love each other right here?"

"Love in a friendly way," he said.

"I love you. I love you too. No, I mean, I really love you. Oh, well, me too." Alexis read before looking him in his eyes.

He said nothing to that.

"You went to see her while we dated?"

"It was just one time."

"It says right here there was another time."

"I forgot about that one."

"And another."

"That one too."

"You went to see her on our honeymoon? You were gone for hours. What exactly were you doing?"

"I was helping her pack up her stuff for college."

"We went there in early July. College doesn't start until August, so why would she need help packing?" Alexis questioned.

He didn't say anything to that either. Alexis stood up and went into the bathroom. She cried her eyes out. She didn't even know if she should leave him or not. Loving people hurts she thought as she felt her heart crack a little. Brian came in and hugged her but even though she wanted to push him away she just cried on his shoulder.

It wasn't until she went to sleep that night that he never even said he was sorry.

The week went by with Alexis crying every night and barely speaking to Brian. He tiptoed around her like a mouse around a cat. A week had passed when he finally decided to apologize.

"I'm sorry Alexis."

She will admit that she was expecting more. Maybe a, I won't do it again or a what can I do to fix this? But, no, just I'm sorry. Truthfully due to how long it took him to say it made it feel less genuine. It was more of a pacifier so she would stop being so cold. So distant.

Of course it was to pacify Alexis because later that night Brian tried to have sex with her. And she let him. Though she laid there impassionate about the whole ordeal she felt it was necessary. He apologized, we kind of made up. It was fine. This is what married couples do right? They could go back to being the happy couple now. Everything would be fine.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more