Tonight I went to a women's gathering at my church, the topic we talked about was contentment.
Whenever I think of the word content, I think of cows. Maybe that's the country girl coming out in me or it could be a deeper spiritual lesson. Next time, you are riding through the country. Look at the cows, they don't want or worry; they know the farmer will look after them.
If you read my last blog, you know that I have been struggling with loneliness. When I was housesitting, I journaled about this,
'Cows are content in whatever pasture they are in, I need to be content in this pasture.'
I believe God is teaching me about being content. The apostle Paul writes to the church in Philippi,

"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:11-13‬ ‭ESV‬‬
If I am honest, I'm not lacking ANYTHING. I want something. I desire something. And I don't believe that is necessarily bad.
David writes,

"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires."
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭37:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬
We think that if we delight in the Lord we will get was we desire. We fail to realize we may require waiting and need that contentment.
I fully believe God is teaching me what it means to be content while I am in this season.
It is when we lay down our weapons and focus on what God has for us in this season, we will find true contentment.

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:19‬ ‭ESV‬‬

We need to stop trying to fix everything ourselves and trust the Farmer to take care of us.
Remember, the cows are content. We need to take a lesson from the cows and be content where God has us.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more