Disordered eating can take many forces. I struggled with disordered in my teens. I had another bout with it after extensive surgery that didn't allow me to eat. I am dealing it with again, this time is brought on by my infection and antibiotic treatment. The sight, thought, and smell of food makes me sick to my stomach. I have no desire to eat. I have forced myself to eat healthy bits of things because my antibiotic requires me to eat.

I decided to write this blog post because many people are unaware of why there are times in my life I simply cannot eat. Many people deal with disordered eating. It is not a matter of I won't eat. I simply can't. I don't have hunger pains, or body cues to eat. It is stressful when I am expected to eat. This will past in the next week or so. I will start eating a craving such as yogurt and apples. I will eat the craving for several days, it resembles a toddler's food jags.

Be patient and kind with those who struggle with food issues. Some have deeper struggles, deeper pain, and more intense struggles. My neighbor commented on my inability to eat. She was unable to understand it, she thinks of it as 1st world problem.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more