Every woman I know is dissatisfied with some area of their life. I'm sure men are too, but I'm a woman's woman and I spend a lot of time talking to my girlfriends. Some of us are dissatisfied with our bodies-we want to be thinner, shapelier, or have more muscle. Some of us are dissatisfied with our marriages-we want more date nights, more kindness, more help with the kids. Some of us are dissatisfied with our professional lives- we struggle with finding a career path that we are passionate about or we just aren't making enough money. Some of us are dissatisfied with our homes, our bank accounts, our friends.

The list goes on.

The Apostle Paul said in Philippians 4:11

Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be [f] content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am. AMPC

Lately, the Holy Spirit has been reminding me not to find my fulfilment in people.

I AM your source, He has whispered to me.

He is not just my source for finances or protection. He is also my source of comfort and peace. He is not just my source for salvation. He is also my source for love and friendship.

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:15

 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Our Father desires to fulfill us in ways that we often don't even allow Him to and then we wonder why we are so unfulfilled. We begin to search for joy, peace and happiness in our spouses, jobs, and possessions. Even when we get what we want in these areas we still aren't quite fulfilled. It's because at the root, what we are truly looking for is not tangible.

What we are looking for can only be found at His feet, in His presence. This is how some people can seemingly go through difficult things and seem so at peace. Because God is their source, not things or people.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6,7

I encourage you today to find everything you need in Christ. Your loneliness, dissatisfaction, confusion, depression can all be 'cured' at the feet of Jesus. Getting at His feet is not about a quick prayer. It is prayer, fasting, worship, studying (not just reading) His word. It is memorizing and meditating on scripture, changing our thoughts so that they line up with His word. It is speaking life over our children and over our circumstances. It is speaking and declaring His word out loud. It is actively believing His word with our entire being.

Let's pray.

Father God in heaven. We love you. You are good. We thank you for your patience, mercy, and endurance with us. Lord I pray that we would find our fulfillment in you. We pray that we will not seek fulfillment in people or things. We pray that we will not hold others to unrealistic expectations that they cannot humanly fill. We pray that you would put a longing in us for your presence so that we will pray and seek You. We pray we will love you more than anything or anyone.

In Jesus name,

Amen.

PS If you don't know Jesus as your personal savior He longs to come into your heart and have a personal relationship with you.  Romans 10:9 says,

If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. NLT

Pray this prayer:

Lord Jesus, I come to you humbly asking you to forgive my sins. I believe that you died and rose again three days later to pay for my sins. Thank you for dying for me.  Please Lord, come into my heart. I give control of my life over to you. Please God, from this moment forward help me to live for you and do your will. Thank you Lord, that now I am saved. I no longer have to fear death. Please help me be all you made me to be. 

In Jesus name,

Amen.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more