I recently sat down at a table full of young moms (and one first time mom-to-be). The dads were all in charge of the kids which meant they were on the couch watching Cocomelon and we were trying to share our "mommy" wisdom with the new mom-to-be. 

Through the conversation I came to the realization that there's a lot of things moms don't openly share with each other. I don't know if it's fear of not holding up to the social standards for moms, otherwise known as the 'Instagram Mom', or that we feel like these less than stellar moments of mom hood are ours and ours alone. 

The truth is, most moms struggle. It's not always easy to have the full-time responsibility of little humans being dependant on you for everything. We all get frustrated, we all get worn thin and we all lose our patience sometimes. It's just a part of life. But spending time with other moms helps me realize it isn't just me who gets burnt out and needs a break more often than I'd like to admit, and it's not just me who feels like I'm walking a thin line between sanity and insanity during sleep regressions. It happens to the best of us, and we all feel bad about it. 

It's important to me to take the time to acknowledge this, to know that things won't always go perfectly. Each day is a new day with Baby T and sometimes all we both need is a little reset. 

So one thing I will always recommend for new moms is get some mom friends who you can have these chats with and bring each other back to your middle grounds. Being a mom doesn't necessarily get any easier as time goes by but if you have your mom friends by your side you feel a lot more understood and normal.