In this day and age of dating apps and social media, this generation tries so hard to mask their feelings by claiming they are scared of commitments. This way, things aren't always clearly defined when it comes to relationships and as the name implies, a friends with benefits (FWB) relationship is a sexual relationship between two friends with no emotional involvements.

Most people have had some sort of "friends with benefits" situation, right?

Yes, it can be physically satisfying, but our emotions tend to get the best of us.

So, we decided to ask a few people to share their FWB stories and here are 7 of the best stories we got (actually the only stories we got).

N.B. names have been changed to hide the identities of respondents.

1. Tunji

My worst 'FWB' situation was one where the friend wanted to be something more...which defeats the whole purpose of FWB. And to be clear, I never said or demonstrated that I wanted something more. All we did was smoke pot and have sex, didn't even Netflix.

2. George

We met up a few times, then during one of our sessions she shouts I wanna have your babies !! We stopped and talked. I found out she gained feelings for me. She was an older lady, I was 19 and she was 33.

3. Isaac

Never really had a bad one but I've had awkward ones. You can have the exact same intimate connection during casual sex as you find in a committed relationship, but this woman really didn't have emotions. I think she just liked that I'd show up with food and dom her a little.

4. Nonso

I was in such a situation with a girl I knew while in school. Officially she had a boyfriend, and he was someone I knew (we were even roommates for a while). She didn't seem to have any particular issue with sleeping with me or anyone else, as it turned out. It did bug me a little, but not enough for me to stop.

Problem is, I fell for her. And at some point she let it slip that I wasn't the only guy she was seeing on the side. I wanted to die.

Then sometime after that, I began seeing someone else, and suddenly she was very interested in rekindling things with me. I eventually told her to get lost.

5. Tolu

The guy had a girlfriend that I didn't know about. She walked in on us as we were having sex and started taking photos on her phone as 'evidence'. I've never been so mortified. Not to mention I felt like absolute shit having accidentally enabled his cheating.

6. Fisayo

I got pregnant, told him about it. He told me to get rid of it because he didn't think I'd make a good mum.

7. Anjola

We were bunkmates back in Uni. We started clubbing and going out together. One thing led to another, and we started making out. I really liked her a lot, but it turns out she was only just experimenting. Today she's in a heterosexual relationship with a man.


Enjoyed reading this? Don't forget to like, subscribe, drop a comment & share this post 🤩💛


LET'S HEAR YOUR STORIES

What's your FWB story that has left you scarred?

We will love to hear them, let us know in the comments below or leave us an anonymous message.


Processing…
Success! You're on the list.

This free site is ad-supported. Learn more