Well! I'm off on an adventure. A real one. I'm headed to Florida in a week's time to see my parents and my sister. As that trip is seemingly filled with doom, I've chosen to focus a bit past that leg of this next journey and instead dive head first into my trip back to LA.

I'm going on yet another cross country road trip. This time in the opposing direction. And I get to decide the tone of this trip this time. I'm excited. French Quarter, Austin, Roswell and Sedona. The right mix of places, cultures and people to absorb some "world" before I head back to my…well, relatively new life.

Ugh. I won't go there right now.

I will speak of something else on my mind regarding this trip. I have invited a dear friend to join me assuming they won't. This person and I know each other very well although I don't think we'd ever actually admit it. That's the thing. Although we are very close and have known one another for double-digit years, in a ways it always seems like there is something heavy going unsaid. I'm assuming in the realms of "we aren't actually friends" or "I can't stand you" but I honestly cannot tell.

This person is the incredibly enigmatic and excellent at maintaining their stoicism. They are also exceedingly kind and would never be as forth right on such a subject. Although, I wish they would be. I hate putting myself in a position where I am making myself vulnerable to show someone I care but they will not let me know it's effort wasted.

We have some weird stuff between us. Not bad. Not at all. Just unusual circumstances that could sway someone into withholding their honest heart.

My honest heart? I really want them to come with me on this voyage of learning and truth. And this journey through the soul. I would love to share that with them.

But I do profoundly appreciate the reasoning they may have for why they would not join me.

But…

I wish they would.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more