From the studio came sounds of someone muttering to themself, sighs and the rustling of paper. Jungkook was lured into the room by those cries of despair.

"What are you doing, hyung?" he asks the source – Namjoon, who is pressing his hands to his forehead, while staring at a notepad.

"We were asked to give a Christmas concert for ARMY," Namjoon explains and pushes himself into an upright position. "I thought I'd surprise our fans with a new Christmas song."

"Awesome! Can I see the lyrics?"

As Jungkook steps forward to have a glimpse at the notepad, Namjoon swiftly pulls it from his line of vision. "Umm… To be honest, I got writer's block. I can't get myself into a Christmas mood and my pages are still empty."

"But it's twenty-three days until Christmas! Don't forget we'll also need a catchy melody, a choreography, and stage outfits…"

"I don't worry too much about the choreography and the outfits, but rather whether I finish writing the lyrics in time. That's why it is best…" Namjoon gets up, gently grabs Jungkook by the shoulders and guides him out of the room, "...if you leave me alone for the next few days. At least until I'm done writing, okay?"

Jungkook nods and leaves with a heavy heart, wondering if he could do anything to support his friend.

A few minutes later, he has gathered the other boys on the huge couch in the living room to explain his desire to help out Namjoon.

"I think this is a great idea." Jimin is the first one to speak. "He is always there for us. We owe him."

Taehyung nods at his friend's words. "But what can we do? Do you have any suggestions?"

All gazes fall on Yoongi, who snickers devilishly. "We lock him up in a room until he's finished writing the lyrics!"

"Sometimes you terrify me, you know that?" Jimin replies and moves a bit further away from him.

After a few minutes of throwing ideas into the room, Hoseok comes up with something. "You said Namjoon can't get into a Christmas mood? How about we inspire him daily with another Christmas custom?"

"Great idea," Seokjin chimes. "This way he might get some ideas about what to write as well!"

"Are we all in?" Taehyung asks the group.

"YES!" everybody shouts. Only Yoongi mutters under his breath: "I liked my idea better..."

And this is how this year's Christmas mission begins...


Today's Advent Calendar Surprise:


*23 days until Christmas Eve*



This post is ad-supported