With preparations for our new addition are in full swing and we are just waiting to see what is next... or rather when is next? You never know when these tiny humans will make their way into the world I am cooking up a storm: Lamb Chili, Chicken Bone Broth, and Asian Beef have all been recent additions to the freezer so hopefully this mom and dad don't eat out every night after the newer addition arrives. We got so lucky to be a part of a community during our last delivery that we had meals popping up at our door regularly the first two weeks after she was born and this time we are new to the area, due to covid haven't gotten plugged into a church (what a challenge - I like to think of it as similar to dating in times of Rona - it is just difficult when there is the possibility of not always meeting face-to-face). Today, I am going to share with you one of our family favorites that we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. I would share all three but the truth is the first two I "wing it" when I make and there isn't a recipe... but my grams tells me it is some of the best chili she has ever had!!

7 spice japanese seasoning dry mix
S&B Shichimi Togarashi Seven-Flavor Chili Pepper

ASIAN BEEF (you can also use any kind of ground meat - or ground fake meat... we have done it all and it is sooo good; turkey, chicken, lamb, beef, fake beef, pork... I think that just about covers it, and the last time we made it I think my Mother-In-Love used the sauce on some tuna... so it works for EVERYTHING!!)

Anyways, that was a major tangent. Originally Posted Here.. this is a meal for anyone and I can say that because my toddler has been eating it piled high with green onions since she was 18-20 months old. This stuff is good. And if you follow the link, you will that she serves it with a side of green beans, but I am going to be honest most of the time we put some brussel sprouts in the oven with this amazing seasoning and a little bit of olive oil (this is just one of the many ways we like our B-sprouts... I can tell you more if you are interested!!).

I also apologize as there is not a picture of this dish... half went very quickly into the bellies of my loved ones and then... half is in the freezer waiting for our new family addition to make her way into the world!


Asian Ground Beef Bowl

INGREDIENTS  

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon onion powder
  • ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
  • 3 cups cooked white rice (optional for serving)
  • ¼ cup chopped green onions (optional for serving)
  • 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional for serving)

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cook and crumble ground beef in a large skillet. Once ground beef is cooked drain fat and return to stovetop.
  2. Meanwhile in a mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, vegetable oil, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger. Add this to cooked ground beef. 
  3. Serve over rice with  green onions, and sesame seeds (we usually skip these unless we have them or we are feeling fancy!).

This post is ad-supported