Hey Everyone!

I am still kind of in shock that it is November already.

Earlier this week, I received the new yarn I had ordered, and got it wound up.

I also made my mom her birthday pie since it's her birthday month and her birthday is closer to Thanksgiving, so I make it earlier in the month.

This morning I needed to run a few errands. While I was out, I picked up new windshield wiper blades, as the old ones were to the point of needing to be changed a year or two ago. I also changed them out myself. There are certain things I try and do myself, as I don't want to be the stereotypical girl who can't do anything for myself.

We actually got the first shipment of Christmas stuff at work on Monday night. It filled a U boat (a type of cart we have at work) which isn't bad at all, since it's mainly going on end caps and slat walls. It was nothing in comparison to what we would get at my old job, which was normal retail versus just a grocery store.

I had gone to Fred Meyer this morning. They have their Christmas displays out already.

The crazy thing is, is that I am actually excited for Christmas this year, which I haven't been in about 5 years (I worked normal retail the past 4 holiday seasons). While work still takes up a lot of my time and energy, it isn't near as crazy as my other retail jobs. I am definitely glad that my schedule doesn't really change unless a shift gets added. As much as I am not a fan of occasionally working 5 - ten hour night shifts in a row, it's definitely better than what I had been working where the days I worked and when I would start work would constantly be changing.

The fact that I am actually excited for Christmas again is a good thing. I knew I would be once I changed jobs and left the one I had been at.

I have also been enjoying autumn as much as possible this year. Watching the leaves change, the weather cooling off, the days getting shorter, the rain coming in.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more