"Tired minds don't plan well. Sleep first, plan later." ~ Walter Resich

Photo by Ron Lach on Pexels.com

I'm tired.

Not just physically tired, but mentally exhausted. There are so many unknowns floating about that it wears on people.

  • Vaccine mandates
  • Possible job losses
  • Legal issues
  • Inflation
  • Political climate

Not that I'm worried about them. Worrying doesn't change them, action does. Some things are beyond my control, yet I can still plan to a point.

The stress of all the unknowns in the nation, in the news, in the world takes a physical toll on people as well. Lack of sleep, unable to really rest and recover from each day leads to increased lethargy.

Yesterday, I was expecting a phone call related to a legal issues. A meeting that has been planned to take place for 2 weeks. Nothing. Not a phone call, not a text, not a voice message. I called my contact this morning and the response irritated me. The meeting was postponed until next week because the office staff spent the day Christmas shopping for underprivileged children. That's fantastic!! Admirable and kudos to them, but . . . . the cancellation was not announced the day of the meeting, but prior. This person couldn't take the time or make the effort to just call with a heads up that the meeting was postponed and I wouldn't hear anything for another week? This is a very pivotal, life-changing meeting that I was waiting to hear about so the nonchalant attitude did not leave me feeling nonchalantly happy. The waiting on this issue alone has been physically and mentally draining.

Physically, I have been working both my FT job and my PRN nursing job. Both require long hours of standing, taking care of others and movement.

This evening, I tried to relax quietly, watching a television show that I enjoy. It took every effort to concentrate on the show for entertainment and NOT think about all the things I need to accomplish. I've got plenty to do here at the house, but I also need to give my body time to relax. My mind needs to be able to think about things other than the national news.

Time to slow down, bow out and check my priorities.