I really love to cook and experiment with making vegan alternatives. The majority of the time, we eat plant-based meals. I made oat milk ricotta cheese for this recipe. One of my children does better with plant-based dairy. So, I use a lot of plant-based milk, creams, cheeses, and yogurt. I made these myself because of the cost, additives, and packaging.

Hand-made pasta is always a homey touch to the dinner plate. Honestly, I have tried making pasta without eggs and simply was not a great bite. This ravioli dough has eggs. I continue to play with this recipe without eggs. I usually make a double batch of ravioli for ease. It is a dinner in the freeze for busy nights.

The filling is made of pumpkin puree and spinach. I season it with sea salt and black pepper. I gently fold the ricotta cheese into the pumpkin and spinach.

I usually bake homemade ravioli, I made a creamy sauce for this dish using unsweetened oat milk and basil.

In the time, it took to make this dish, I made 3 meals for the freezer. The dish holds up well in the freezer for 3 months. I will add a few snap peas, peppers, and onions to this dish in a future meal. One of the things I have found to be nice touch for freezer meals, pantry jars meals, or pressure canned soups is to add fresh ingredients to the dish. It adds a few minutes, yet, it elevates the dish.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more