I saw something at the train station recently that I thought was worth sharing.

I like to watch the interactions of people as they are leaving on a train or coming "home" on the train. Recently I wrote about the young man dropping his young lady off, the departure hug and kiss and as they parted, his turn back for one last look.

The other day I watched as a young lady got off the train.  She met, I assume, her mother.  There was a warm hug and one of those nice kisses on the head.  As they started walking down the ramp, the daughter was pulling her suitcase on wheels. The mom reached over and held the top of her daughter's hand as they pulled the suitcase together.  It was the sweetest thing I have seen in a long time. ðŸ˜Š

Every day I notice something that makes me smile.  The other day a gentleman was waiting with his wife, she was taking was going on a trip.  The cool thing was that he was holding their "service dog."  I chatted the man up inquiring what the procedure was to take the dog on the train. He said that "Woody" the dog, would not be traveling. He would be going home with him after the train departed.  The best part about this is I saw him again today at the station and yes! the dog was with him! 

 
Another thing that made me smile today...one of my students is a HUGE train fan!  Today he was working in the AMTRAK area of the station and here came the train!  I watched him as he paused what he was doing and watched the train pull into the station.  He watched for a few minutes and then resumed working.  I am amazed at how much he has grown this semester.  A few months ago, he would have sat down and waited until the train departed before getting back to work!!!

Little things bringing great joy.

Have a great day!!


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more