Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Things We Don't Discuss in Public

Hi read,

Happy Tuesday!

Gosh, it's been a while, hasn't it?

I know that you probably came to my world for help with productivity or home management or planning. But there's been another topic on my mind lately and I want to open up to you about it today.

I've been deep in some exciting times at work. My company has had a MAJOR leadership reshuffle this year. It's been tough, especially since I just started this job last year and was finally starting to feel up to speed. Most of my team members are relatively new to the organization, too. So it's been a lot of change in a short amount of time.

This has made me think about the things we don't talk about in public. Things like:

  • How do you thrive during difficult work transitions?
  • What are some organizational red flags that you should be looking out for?
  • How do you navigate the transition to a new leader or new direct manager?
  • If you're a leader yourself, how do you help your team navigate change?
  • What should you consider when deciding to look for a new job?
  • What should you do when you're entering the job market after being at the same company for a long time?
  • How do you prepare for interviews?
  • What's the best way to negotiate your salary and total compensation if you do get a new role?
  • What kind of questions should you ask about company culture before taking a new role?

I wish we could talk more openly about these topics, but a lot of them are sensitive. They're best discussed in private, one on one conversations.

Because of that, I want to open my virtual door to you. If you have a career challenge or question, please feel free to reach out to me. I would love to talk with you. I can chat on the phone, Zoom, Slack or via email. I would love to help with your thorniest professional problems. So drop me a line!

Best,

Beth



Unsubscribe | 113 Cherry St #92768, Seattle, WA 98104-2205

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealing the Limelight, Elections & Truth

Empiricism usurped in the 21st century by ideology as represented by the lamentable Kamala Harris Kamala - stealing limelight,...