Thursday, August 25, 2022

Will you Share your Childcare Challenges?

Hi read,

My baby niece started daycare this week, and it stirred up allll of the complicated feelings I remember from that time with my own kids.

Childcare is so hard! It's expensive, tough to get a spot, hard to find a place you trust, emotionally challenging, and the list goes on.

I am starting a research project related to childcare and parental leave. I'm a PhD Economist by training and I'm planning to launch a side project to investigate the relationship between quality childcare, adequate parental leave, and career outcomes for women (wages, net worth, executive role, etc.).

If you have faced a challenge related to childcare and/or limited parental leave, would you be willing to share your story?

I have talked to so many parents who struggle with things like:

  • Finding childcare they trust
  • Deciding what type of childcare they want to pursue (daycare, nanny, in-home daycare, etc.)
  • Paying for childcare along with other expenses related to young kids
  • Deciding whether both parents should keep working

Would you be willing to share your story? I can't help but believe that these challenges are a big contributor to things like the gender wage gap, fewer women in executive positions, and other gender-related financial inequities. Your stories will inspire me as I move forward with this project.

(Don't worry, stories will not be shared. This is just between us.)

Beth @ Parent Lightly



Unsubscribe | 113 Cherry St #92768, Seattle, WA 98104-2205

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rewatching ‘Friends’ With My 10-Year-Old Daughter

Questions were asked. Sep. 20, 2024 the one where I explain condoms to my tween Rewatching 'Friends' With My 10-Year-Old Dau...