Chaplain's Message  

Matthew 12:30-32 "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me, scatters. Therefore, I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the son of man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."  

William Booth, the founder of The Salvation Army, was asked by Wilber Chapman (Christian Evangelist and Pastor), the secret of his success.  

'I'll tell you the secret of my success. God has all there is of me. There have been men with greater brains than I, men with greater opportunities. But from the day I got the poor of London in my heart and caught a vision of what Jesus Christ could do with them, I made up my mind that God should have all there was of William Booth. If anything has been achieved, it is because God has had all the adoration of my heart, all the power of my will, and all the influence of my life.'  

God will do great things with us and for us, when we give Him what we have. But it must be all we have, not just some. It's all, or nothing. We can't sit on the fence. Jesus says in Matthew, that, whoever is not for Him, is against Him.  

How can we give Him any less than our all, when He gave His all for us?  

Lord, help us to choose the life you have offered us, and to give you all there is of us, so you can use us just as you did William Booth. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.  

May God strengthen and keep you and your families this week. May His face shine upon you. May He bless you, and give you His peace.  

Ron MacDonald (The Salvation Army Chaplain)