I left church today feeling completely convicted. The pastor talked about remembering who you were, but living like who you are. If I am completely honest with you, this past week I have not been living like who I am in Christ. I dug out some clothes from my old wardrobe and put them on. 

Paul advises us in 1 Corinthians 5:17, 

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." ESV

And in Ephesians, he says,

"throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception."-Ephesians 4:22

I picked up an old shirt from my sinful nature and put it on. I was living like who I was before Jesus had his complete way in my life. When we are baptized in the Spirit, our old self dies and there is NO reason we should party in those grave clothes. The clothes cover in sin and our past mistakes.

I really felt like the preacher was talking to me when he asked the question.

'Does my life resemble who I was or who I am made to be in Christ?' 

The honest answer to that question is when I am around people, I act in such a way that I am made whole in Christ, but when I am alone. When I am left to my own devices, it can get scary. I'll pull out the old ratty garments of my past and walk around the house in them. 

This week and next, I am housesitting, and I failed to invite God into the house. There is a reason I do that, as not to give opportunity to the enemy. When God is not in the space there is space to sin. 

'and give no opportunity to the devil.'-Ephesians 4:27 ESV

So, before I start this second week at this house, I will be inviting the Holy Spirit to dwell here with me.

"Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom."-2 Corinthians 3:17 NLT


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more