Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Parenting Is 24/7 Sensory Overload

Jan. 10, 2024
Thanasis Zovoilis/DigitalVision/Getty Images
OVERSTIMULATED
Parenting Is 24/7 Sensory Overload

"I lost it over winter break," writes Christina Crawford. "Sometime around day five, I yelled: 'Everybody stop touching me and asking me for stuff!' I felt guilty for snapping and apologized, but the truth is, after being perpetually bombarded with the sights, sounds, and sensations of raising children, I was feeling 'touched out' and just plain needed some space."

It's not just winter break, though, and today she's talking about it… in very funny fashion. And I know you'll relate.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
Emma Chao/Scary Mommy; Getty Images
HELL NO
From The Confessional: 'My Husband Wants Sex All The Time'

15 parents share what's really on their minds.

Read More.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
This Mom Bought Her Daughter A Stanley Cup After She Was Bullied For Her "Knock-Off"

And she has a message for other parents.

Read More.
Rifka Hayati/Getty Images
AH, SH*T
My Kid Swears ~A Lot~ — But Only At Home. Can I Just Let It Slide?

How to handle your little foulmouth, according to experts.

Read More.
Featured
Fotostorm/Getty Images
EXPERT ADVICE
My Partner's Childhood Trauma Affects Their Parenting. How Can I Help Them Heal?

"We know childhood trauma affects how we live, impacting everything from our physical health to relationships. And if you have a partner who had a traumatic upbringing, you might realize that it also affects their parenting," writes Brianne Hogan. So what can you do to help? She talked to a therapist.

Read More ⮕
What We're Reading
January's Secret: It's The Best Month
20 Best Dressed Parents At The 2024 Golden Globes
The 10 Electric Family Cars We Can't Wait To Drive This Year
Follow us on:
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2024 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rewatching ‘Friends’ With My 10-Year-Old Daughter

Questions were asked. Sep. 20, 2024 the one where I explain condoms to my tween Rewatching 'Friends' With My 10-Year-Old Dau...