I smoked some of our sweet Anaheim peppers this year and dehydrated them. Here they are, vacuum sealed in jars and ready for the pantry.

These make an amazing addition to seasonings for tacos, soups, and sauces. They add lots of sweet, smoked pepper flavor without the heat!

To make them, I cut the ends off, cut them in half and removed the seeds, and put them in the smoker with mesquite for about seven or eight hours. They took about two days to dry at 125° in my dehydrator. They are so dry they won't bend, they just shatter. When I'm ready to use them, I'll grind them to a powder in my spice (coffee) grinder. In the meantime, they'll be out of the light in vacuum-sealed jars, and will be a welcome addition to our meals all winter!

One full quart of peppers will equal between 1/4 and 1/2 c. of ground pepper.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more