This afternoon I officially passed on my elementary library Twitter account and set up a new one for my middle school library. It took most of the day to compose my farewell tweet-it's book fair week and we've been busy. I wanted to end my post with "adios amigos" and wound up with "Adoos ambiguities!" I had to save my draft and that's what welcomed me when I returned. It prompted me to compose short Spanish phrases and let autocorrect fix everything for me.

Here are a few samples:

English Spanish Apple Autocorrect
I enjoy going to the movies. Me gusta ir al cine. Me enchants it's al cone.
You are my friend. Tu eres mi amiga. Ruthie weeks mi amiga.
I need a cup of coffee Necesito una taza de cafe. Necessity una Taz a de cafe.
Hello, how are you? ¿Hola, como estas? Hola, ComicCon estos?
I'm very hungry. Tengo mucha hambre. Tengo muncha ham Bre.
I have a headache. Tengo un dolor de cabeza. Tengo un dolor de caveman.
When will we eat dinner? ¿Cuándo cenamos? Chandigarh cenamos?
Happy birthday. Feliz cumpleaños. Felix cumpleaños.
I like to eat pizza. Me gusta comer pizza. Me gusts comer pizza.
Learn Spanish a la Apple Mode!

The things I do to entertain myself. ¡Adoos, ambiguities!

Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021