Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Banish Decision Fatigue

Hiread,

Have you ever arrived at your desk for a day of work feeling absolutely exhausted? I remember feeling this way when my kids were little. There were so many decisions to make: what to wear, what to eat, what time to leave, whether to pack a lunch or buy at work, and on and on.

I had to take drastic action if I was going to continue functioning at work. I set out to banish decision fatigue.

Wear the same thing every day? Yep.

Eat the same breakfast every morning? Check.

Send the baby to daycare in pajamas? Absolutely.

The fewer decisions you have to make each day, the more mental energy you'll save for the hard stuff. You'll be able to have that hard conversation at work or help your child with that math problem. In other words, you'll have brain power left for what really matters. And you won't waste your decision-making ability on minor choices.

If you want to reduce decision fatigue in your life, here are the three key decisions you need to make.

As always, I would love to know if this is helpful to you!

Best,

Beth @ Parent Lightly



Unsubscribe | 113 Cherry St #92768, Seattle, WA 98104-2205

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rewatching ‘Friends’ With My 10-Year-Old Daughter

Questions were asked. Sep. 20, 2024 the one where I explain condoms to my tween Rewatching 'Friends' With My 10-Year-Old Dau...