On lending that helping hand to someone else who's in need, offering the assistance to another, the acts of, kindness, translated…

My daughter came to me, and inquired, if she could, give her old school uniform to the next generation of new enrollees of her high school.  Turns out, the school counselor received the call from a parent of a first year student, who'd asked about if there are the uniforms available from the already graduated class to her young, and so, the teacher asked the students who are taller in stature, and sent the request out to the groups, to see if someone would, respond back, and, my daughter fitted to the requirements.

And so, we'd, cleaned up the winter, the summer uniforms, the belt, the tie, the backpack too, plus a handwritten card by my daughter, the lunch bag I'd sewn, with the fullest blessing, sent it out.

I don't like using the words of donation to educate my young, so we'd always "shared" and "given the blessings away to others."  My daughter carried this belief from when she was young, in her first year of middle school, she saw how I lost all my hair to chemo for breast cancer, started growing her hair for three whole years, then, cut it all off, to donate to those who needed, and to this day, she'd carried out her act of kindness.  As her classmates forgot the money for lunch, she'd shared with her classmates the lunches her grandmother made for her; the Vietnamese mom of a classmate was out working away from home, and she'd taken that classmate home, for a short stay with us.

查看來源圖片
teaching her young, the values of, giving to others...photo from online

My daughter being so kind and generous, it's due to her maternal grandmother's, influences, my mother loved sharing her cooking skills, those vegetable vendors, butchers, those neighbors opposite of her home, the security guard downstairs, the man in charge of the working of her community, the cleaning lady, the elderly woman who lives in the same building as she, all had the homemade foods she'd made…and, the foods she'd shared with others, contained, my mother's, joys from sharing them, and so, we'd often received the free vegetables, pork livers, bubble teas, etc., etc., etc., as well as the gratitude from all around.

I recalled a coworker of mine, because his family of origin wasn't functional enough, he'd, protected himself too much, even as the company started a donation for those in need, he'd, turned down the assistance.  My other coworkers complained about him, but I believe, that giving or helping isn't that important in name, the regret that my coworker lives with, is that he'd not known how to "share", because he was unaware, that he has the power, to bring about some tiny blessing to someone else that he comes across.

And so, this is on the benefits of giving to others, it makes us feel good, that we can, help someone in need out, and, there are, a lot of people in this world who are in need of assistance (not just the monetary sort), if we only look closely enough, and find these individuals who are in need of assistance, and offer a helping hand to them, it can lighten up their loads, and it'd made us feel, that we'd, contributed to making this world a better place too.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more