Fall in Maine is my absolute favorite. The weather, the colors and all the wonderful smells. If you have lived in Maine or traveled to Maine in the fall you know exactly what I'm talking about. Last year I shared my favorite fall things to do in New England with kids which you can check out HERE but this year I am going to tell you exactly which places to visit to get the fun fall experience in Maine and no this list is not just limited to checking out the fall foliage (even though the foliage in and of itself is a site to be seen).

Maine in the fall: 5 places to visit

Maine in the Fall: 5 Places to Visit

Acadia National Park

If you have followed me for a little while here or on my Instagram, you know my love for Acadia National Park. It is absolutely beautiful there and one of our favorite places to visit every year in the fall. It is generally quieter there and the foliage is a site to see if you hit it at the right time. Not to mention, all the hikes and trails you can explore while you are there.

Wallingford's Fruit House

Apple picking at it's finest! There are so many great places in Maine to apple pick at but this is our favorite spot. They have apples, an outdoor play area, a corn maze, apple cider donuts and a hard cider tasting room! Perfect for every member of your family to enjoy a perfect fall day in Maine.

Maine in the fall: 5 places to visit

Pineland Farms

Pineland Farms offers many fall themed activities including a corn maze, apple sauce making classes, cider making classes and pumpkin carving. If you're not familiar with Pineland Farms, it is a working farm on 5,000 acres that offers a wide expanse of outdoor activities for the entire family. To see their events for the month of October head HERE.

Portland, Maine

The food, shops and atmosphere are some of my favorite things about this city during the fall season. Looking for some amazing dining options? Portland has you covered. Looking for small shops to grab your cozy, fall essentials? Yeah, this city has that too. Paired with cobblestone sidewalks, colorful trees and coffee shops at practically every corner offering up the latest pumpkin spice concoctions, Portland is one city you want to visit this fall.

Foliage Drives

Even though I have lived in Maine for most of my life, I still am blown away by all the colors that emerge in fall. The reds, oranges even yellows that overtake the green leaves, take my breath away every time as I drive down the tree lined roads, head out on a hike or even in my own backyard. There are so many amazing scenic drives that you can take while leaf peeping this fall.

Some of the best drives to check out are Rangeley Lakes Scenic Byway Loop which winds through the mountains and lakes of Western Maine as well as Western Maine Fryeburg - Bethel Loop. You can see more information on these at visit-Maine.com

Maine in the fall: 5 places to visit

Tell me have you visited New England during the fall? What are your favorite things to do while here?