I'm not sure what I enjoy more, spring cleaning or fall cleaning. I suppose I love them both equally. My favorite part being that I open up all the windows and let all that fresh air circulate through our home. Now that it has officially been fall for a couple of weeks we have been getting our home ready for this new season. That means a checklist for all the cleaning tasks and finding a new rhythm for our home.

Today I'm sharing all the tasks I try to tackle during my fall cleaning and I've included a checklist for you to use in your own home. I also have a separate checklist for Home Maintenance that I'll be sharing in the coming days. Today we are going to focus on the indoor tasks because I think it's important to get a head start before we have all those outdoor to do's. It's not possible for me to get this all done in one day. I usually like to take a long weekend going room by room top to bottom. I like to do it all when my husband is at home so he is able to hang out with the kids, sometimes they hang out outside and play, sometimes they go to the park or run errands. This isn't always possible, but it can be helpful.

WHY SHOULD YOU DO A FALL HOME CLEANING

I believe that tackling these tasks in the fall will help you to welcome a new season and prepare your home for the coming holidays and gatherings. It'll help set the tone, make your tasks more manageable through the winter and make those long winter days more enjoyable when your home is tidy and cozy.

GATHER YOUR SUPPLIES

I like to have all my cleaning supplies together in a bucket or basket. Having everything I will need with me that I can easily carry around keeps me going and saves me time. I like to have thinks like rags, my Norwex cloths, dusting mitts, my force of nature all purpose cleaner, dish soap, vinegar, gloves, sponges, essential oils, etc

PRINT OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

I've included all of the basic tasks I like to get accomplished. You may have a few you'd like to add or maybe some wouldn't apply to you. I think having a checklist when I have a major cleaning session to tackle is so helpful because it keeps me on track.

DOWNLOAD A PLAYLIST OR PODCAST

I love listening to sermons, playlists and different podcasts while I'm cleaning and tackling big projects. It helps to keep me moving and the time go faster.

GRAB A PAIR OF INDOOR SNEAKERS

Something about slipping on a pair of sneakers really makes me move. I am able to climb better on the step ladder and just move more smoothly when I have shoes on. It definitely helps to keep me stabilized.

PRAY

Pray beforehand. I try to remember to say a little prayer, asking God to strengthen me as a I care for my home. I ask that my heart and mind would be set on Him and that my work would be a blessing to my family and glorify the Lord.

FALL CLEANING TASKS

  • Dust light fixtures, ceiling fans, decor items, cobwebs, etc
  • Wipe down light switches, knobs, handles etc.
  • Wipe | dust baseboard and crown moulding
  • Dust shelving and forgotten nooks and crannies
  • Dust the walls [I like to use my Norwex dry mop for this]
  • Spot clean rugs and furniture
  • Vacuum and clean air vents
  • Vacuum furniture
  • Wash windows and windowsills
  • Clean ALL appliances
  • Wipe down cabinets and drawers
  • Clean backsplash in the kitchen
  • Scrub toilets, showers, vanities
  • Clean shower curtains and rugs
  • Wash pillows and ALL blankets including throw blankets
  • Dust or wash curtains and blinds
  • Clean under furniture
  • Wash trashcans
  • De-clutter and organize
  • Vacuum and mop floors

Tackling these tasks will give you a fresh start in your home as we enter a new season and it'll be perfect for those cozy fall nights at home.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, dear ones!

Blessings,

Bree


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more