Alexis was laying in bed thinking over what Alexander told her when Brian came stumbling into the house. Judging by the amount of noise he was making, he was pretty drunk.

Alexis padded out of her room. She stood at the top of the stairs as she watched Brian struggle to make his way unto the first step.

"Where have you been?" Alexis questioned.

"Where do you think?" Brian slurred.

"You're horrible"

"Oh, please. You know you could be a little nicer to me. Then I wouldn't have to go see Lind-sey," he yelled while wiggling a finger. He hiccuped when he said her name and smiled to himself.

Alexis met him at the bottom of the stairs and looked him in the eye. "How dare you, Brian? How dare you?"

"Who gave you all of this? The house, the car-it was me. All me. Who cares if I want to screw some girl on the side. I work hard for us to live like this. I deserve to have some fun." Brian's words hurt. Despite how much she wanted to believe the contrary, drunk people don't tell lies. He meant every word he said.

"Get out," Alexis commanded blocking the stairs.

"Move, Alexis. This is my house and I'm not leaving." Brian drunkenly tried to go around her but Alexis wouldn't budge.

"Get out of my house!" Alexis yelled, her eyes burning with tears.

"I said no!" Brian yelled before pushing her. Alexis slammed into the banister and unto the floor. She clutched her arm as she stood back up.

"Get out of my house," she repeated coldly.

Brian clumsily grabbed Alexis's shirt and pulled her toward himself. Suddenly Alexis felt a sharp sting as Brian slapped her.

Alexis went still and silent.

"Is that what it takes to get you to shut up?" Brian asked. He stroked the cheek that burned gently. He kissed it once then let her go, making his way upstairs.

Alexis sobbed on the kitchen floor as she wiped blood from her lip.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more