Today, we finished collecting the remains of the harvest. Tomorrow, we will rip out the dead plants and gather them into the compost pile. We gathered the remaining pumpkins, beets, turnips, zucchini, carrots, bok choy, and cabbage.

I made several pints of pickled beets. I had been sprouting mung beans. So, I decided to make vegetarian Phad Thai and vegetable dumplings. I made zucchini and carrots noodles. I used a lot of onions, stir-fry vegetables, bok choy, and cabbage.

As we finished preparing for winter. I will miss the bliss of gathering baskets of produce for our meals. I miss sharing the bounty with the neighbors.

There is a beauty in the early barrenness of fall. As the flowers dry and beg to be gathered for next year. The leaves have turned their golden blaze and fallen to the ground. The summer has put away the remains of the firey, hot days. The air is crisp whispering that winter is coming.

In the coming weeks, we will be preparing for Thanksgiving and the ski season. We are planning to do redo the kitchen. I may be bringing back my Youtube channel under new branding. We will be redoing the kitchen counters.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more