They are a force to reckon with. They annoy the S**t out of you. And yet, they are the pillars of our strength, fountain of our love, and walls that never sway come mayhem moments.

I grew up with a mother who never let me decide between a white and a red dress. She always had something to say that will make you decide otherwise and just go along with her "opinion". She would blame me for the smallest things and make fun of my decisions in life. I felt belittled.

Untrusted.

But loved.

And then I started fighting back, I went home less. I spent less time with her. I talked to her less. I thought, I will show you what I'm capable of.

I would speed visiting hours to just mere dropping off and picking up times. Yes because at first spending time with her felt intoxicating. And then because it became routine.

She thought me ungrateful. I learned to just feel numb.

To never let anything get to me. To just focus on my life.

Now, looking back, nothing is perfect. She loved me and raised me the best way she could. There was nothing and no one to blame. No right and wrong answers. Yes I might have been raised without a voice, but growing up, I had the choice to speak up, I just decided not to.

So you see, nobody was ever to blame except myself. The heck I wouldn't even blame myself because I would just call it a part of growing up.

So to all you mothers who feel you are never enough. Never doubt it. You did what you thought best. Life will never be perfect.

And to all you daughters, be glad you have good genes, always be thankful. Because beneath those hard shell of a mother, are the softest of hearts who are trying to hold all the pain in, just to get you through life. They are doing their best, whether it's according to your standards or not.

Thank you Mom, for everything. For being whatever chameloen I needed you to be.

Thank you.

And sorry for putting all the blame on you, for my so called s**t of a life. Thank you for just quietly accepting it.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more