Wednesday, December 8, 2021

5 Days to an Organized Holiday: Day 3

Hi read,

OK! It's time to talk about gift-giving. I've heard from so many women that this is the biggest source of stress each holiday season. Today we're going to get it all organized.

Day 3 Challenge: Make your List and Check it Twice (but no more)

Today, you are going to make a list of everyone you are planning to give a gift to. Don't worry, you're not doing any actual shopping today (unless you want to). You're just making a list. I definitely recommend using today's PDF to help with this. Here are the categories to think about:

  • Kids (Santa, Parents, Stocking)
  • Adult family members
  • Nieces/nephews
  • Friends
  • Kids Friends
  • Teachers, coaches, camp counselors
  • Regular service providers (cleaners, hair stylist, lawn care, etc)
  • Delivery people


Holiday Challenge Day 3.pdf

Take a deep breath. This doesn't have to be overwhelming. Here are a few handy tips to simplify the list:

  • Make it easy whenever possible with an electronic gift card or subscription box
  • Buy a pile of small gift cards for kid-related people in your orbit (I buy $10 gift cards and hand them out to climbing camp coaches, aftercare counselors, etc. etc.)
  • Only give holiday bonuses/tips to those regular caregivers who are truly regular (e.g. my cleaners come every other week and definitely get a holiday bonus but I've only gotten my hair cut once this year so no hair stylist on the list).
  • Decide whether you can delegate some items on this list. For example, can your partner buy their side of the family's gifts? (Yes, yes they can.) Can your kids pick out gifts for their cousins? (Also yes if they are Kindergarten or older.)


I promise you will feel better when you can see the entire list in front of you! Until then it's just a lurking fog of "stuff you have to do." Now you can see what needs to be done and start crossing things off. It will feel so good! Knock out a big chunk of these early if you can (those getting gift cards) so you can stop worrying about it.

I'll be live today at 2:30 pm Mountain/4:30 Eastern/1:30 Pacific. Please join me in the Facebook group!

Beth

PS. If you know someone who would benefit from this challenge, could you please invite them? They can join from this link and I will send them the daily challenge emails starting from Day 1! :)




Unsubscribe | 113 Cherry St #92768, Seattle, WA 98104-2205

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rewatching ‘Friends’ With My 10-Year-Old Daughter

Questions were asked. Sep. 20, 2024 the one where I explain condoms to my tween Rewatching 'Friends' With My 10-Year-Old Dau...