Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Make This Year Different (Focus + Goal Achievement)

Hi read,

Happy 2022! Hope you had a good holiday season and are refreshed going into the new year.

I heard from so many of you before the holiday that you are a Type 2 focus type. In case you missed that discussion, here's what the Type 2 style is:

I have a hard time focusing on my goals and important tasks. I get distracted by household chores, email, and other little things. Then I find myself at the end of the day and wonder what I really accomplished! Working from home is especially difficult for me because all of the household tasks are RIGHT THERE.

I'm a Type 1, which is someone who can ignore housework and email forever in favor of important tasks that are interesting to them. So if you're a Type 2, you can take a few pages from my book this year. Here are my top tips for getting those important things done:

  • Identify your top 3 tasks per day: Every day, sit down and identify your top tasks for the day based on your goals and what's important to you that day. Some people like to do this the evening before and some do it first thing in the morning. If you do nothing else, this one habit will help you immensely.
  • Block time for important stuff: Ideally, block time to accomplish your most important tasks. For most people, the best time to do this is first thing in the morning. If you're a night owl, however, feel free to set aside time later in the day when you're most productive. If you're not sure how to start time blocking, start here.
  • Block time for admin/less important tasks: If you get anxious about unfinished household chores or unanswered email, set aside dedicated time to do those things. That way you know you will get to those less important tasks and don't have to feel anxious. Try to choose a time for these tasks when you are lower energy (mid-afternoon for most people).
  • Be intentional about goals: Think about your goals and intentions for the year. Here is a good guideline to navigate this process. If you are a Type 2, I also highly recommend breaking your goals down to quarterly and monthly goals.

I think these strategies will really help you approach 2022 with energy and intention.

Also: if you want more help, I have a couple of options for additional support:

1) The Parent Lightly Facebook Group is a great source of community and additional ideas

2) I'm excited this year to offer 1:1 coaching. Since this is a new thing, I can structure this however you like, whether it's one session to get you started or ongoing weekly/monthly check ins to keep you on track. If you're interested in this, just email me and we can chat.

Wishing you all the best for 2022!

Beth @ Parent Lightly



Unsubscribe | 113 Cherry St #92768, Seattle, WA 98104-2205

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ceci Kane Can’t Believe How Wild The Mom Groups Get, Either

Whew! Sep. 19, 2024 moms we love Ceci Kane Can't Believe How Wild The Mom Groups Get, Either The first time a video by Ceci Kane...