Tuesday, December 13, 2022

The Holidays Are F*cking Hard

 
Scary Mommy
Dec 13, 2022
 
 
The Holidays Are F*cking Hard
 
So: How are you holding up? Have you made 7 dozen cookies yet? Did you have a mild panic attack this week when you remembered about gifts for your kid's teachers? DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS ARE???? 

This time of year is a lot for parents; even if you don't celebrate you're probably being bombarded by school with requests for this, that, and the other. And Samm Davidson is talking about it: "The moment my eyes close it starts: the automatic and instinctual mental checking of all the boxes. The holiday season to-dos, the worries, the plans, and the don't-forgets — all jingling around in my brain while my husband snores a slow-tempoed symphony just six inches away." She's beginning to think he might very well still believe in Santa. Do you relate? Check it out and see.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor
 
read more
 
 
Latest
 
 
Career paths
I Realized I Needed To Back Off The College Talk With My Kids
 
"My knee-jerk reaction to complaints about homework was to say it was college prep. But what if I changed the way I approached the subject?" Read more.
 
 
Shopping
The 10 Best Mudroom Rugs, According To An Interior Designer
 
Don't let the dirt in. Read more.
 
 
nix the courtesy flush
Scientists Used Lasers To See How Far Water Droplets Travel From A Toilet Flush
 
And wow, it's nasty. Read more.
 
 
Featured
 
 
LET'S TALK ABOUT SEX
From The Confessional: 'Love My Husband, But Hate Any Kind Of Sex'
 
Guess what? Sex is such a popular topic in the Scary Mommy Confessional that we're back with another roundup on the theme. And wow, we've got some spicy ones: "I started an onlyfans account because my husband hasn't touched me in a year," one person admitted. Read 'em, and if you want to anonymously confess, please tell all through the link here. If you want to browse past Confessions, head here.
 
read more
 
 
What We're Reading
 
Did I Get Ghosted Because I'm A Writer?
8 Ways Cold Weather Could Change Your Body This Winter
True 'Holiday Magic' Can't Be Manufactured
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe.

315 Park Ave. South, New York, NY 10010

Copyright 2022 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

View in browser

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealing the Limelight, Elections & Truth

Empiricism usurped in the 21st century by ideology as represented by the lamentable Kamala Harris Kamala - stealing limelight,...