Tuesday, January 17, 2023

‘I’m So Sick And Tired Of Doing Everything’

Jan. 17, 2023

from the confessional
'I'm So Sick And Tired Of Doing Everything'

Welcome back to a nice, relaxing weekday, after the chaos and carnage of a three-day weekend. And you'll very likely relate to today's roundup from the Scary Mommy Confessional, which is about the sheer work of parenthood. "Between work, school, activities, endless sickness, general logistics, sleep schedules, and seemingly 8,000 meals and snacks a day, sometimes it just feels like there's no way it's all gonna get done," writes Emma Coburn in her introduction and whew, that's real.

For instance, maybe this sounds familiar: "I am so exhausted making all the decisions and keeping everything on track!" Or perhaps you relate to this reader: "Husband wants a date night, I want a night to myself to eat a ton of ice cream." That does sound pretty nice, gotta admit. As always, if you've got something to share, the link is here. And if you want to browse past Confessions, head here.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

READ MORE ⮕
Latest 📣
NOT SURPRISED
Working From Home Works Out Better For Dads Than Moms

A new study found that when it comes to working from home, women in hetero partnerships often take on a larger workload.

Read more
Movies
13 New Horror Movies To Stream After You Put The Kids To Bed

Encanto is great and all, but sometimes it's just not the vibe.

Read more
WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?
Is That TikTok Parenting Advice Legit Or Totally Problematic?

A colorful infographic or quick-hit video is little substitute for genuine support, says one clinical psychologist.

Read more
Featured
GOODBYE
I Married My Best Friend — Then I Divorced Him

"We began dating in our mid-20s, after a drunken kiss at a wedding. We fell in love and everything moved quickly after that, like my person had been staring me in the face all along," recalls an anonymous writer in a new piece today. "But 11 years after our wedding, our marriage was no longer giving either of us what we needed or wanted. I had to ask the man who had been my best friend since I was 15-years-old for a divorce." Give it a read.

Read more ⮕
What We're Reading
Weed Moms Are Changing The Narrative Around Marijuana
How to Talk to Young Kids About Racism and Racial Bias
Sleepovers have gotten very complicated
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safelyunsubscribe. Or to manage preferences clickhere
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hate Throwing My Kids’ Birthday Parties

Please no. Sep. 18, 2024 South_agency/E+/Getty Images please no more I Hate Throwing My Kids' Birthday Parties Today, Ashley Zie...