Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Help! My Husband Finds Cleaning ‘Charming & Feminine’

May. 24, 2023
CHORES NO MORE
Help! My Husband Finds Cleaning 'Charming & Feminine'

Our advice columnist Penelope is back today, with another edition of Ask A MWLTF (yes, that's a Mom Who Likes to F*ck). Today's letter writer doesn't sweat the small stuff around the house: "I'm a mother of three and I live in a house so I certainly do my fair share of domestic labor, but I do exactly the amount I can do without feeling resentful. Sometimes this means there is mess. If my husband and kids don't like it, then they are free to add more elbow grease to the equation."

But a recent comment by her husband has got her feeling a little weird. She passed along a comment she overheard from her sister-in-law — "You just have to set high standards. Mess is very triggering for me" — and she was surprised at his reaction: "He said with a slight, teasing smirk, that actually he didn't find what she'd said ridiculous at all, that on the contrary he thought it was 'kind of charming and very feminine.'"

Now she's wondering: "Does the man I've chosen to spend my life with really equate housekeeping with feminine sex appeal?" See what Penelope says.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
C'MON DUDE
A Man With A Newborn Baby Vents Frustrations That His Wife Won't Let His Friends Come Over

He wants to know if he's the a**hole.

Read More.
IS THIS A JOKE?
Padma Lakshmi Bluntly Responds To A Troll Who Said She Had "Fat Arms"

Lakshmi posed for the 2023 'Sports Illustrated' Swimsuit Issue.

Read More.
CRYING IN DADDY ISSUES
A Woman Asked Her Dad Who He Loved More: His Kids Or His Grandkids

His answer was really touching.

Read More.
Featured
IT'S SCARY
The Day My Kid Can't Forget, & Neither Can I

It's one of those terrifying moments of parenthood: when you look up, and your toddler has slipped away. And today, Meg St-Esprit is talking about her experience: "I know that decades from now, when my four kids are out changing the world, I'll still be able to vividly recall the panic I felt when I lost my 3-year-old daughter in a bustling crowd — one of the absolute scariest experiences of my entire life. And neither of us are over it." Read how it's affected both of them.

Read More ⮕
What We're Reading
21 Reasons Why Summer Sucks For Parents
I'm a Couples Therapist. Something New Is Happening in Relationships.
Joyful Photos From The First-Ever Trans Prom In Washington, D.C.
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safelyunsubscribe. Or to manage preferences clickhere
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealing the Limelight, Elections & Truth

Empiricism usurped in the 21st century by ideology as represented by the lamentable Kamala Harris Kamala - stealing limelight,...