Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Strap In, It's Back-To-School Nesting Season

Aug. 30, 2023
READY OR NOT
Strap In, It's Back-To-School Nesting Season

Last week, I had the house to myself. Do you know what I did? (Other than sleeping late and eating yogurt for dinner every day, of course.) I cleaned out my closet and my kid's closet. And I'm not the only one.

Today, Laura Onstot writes about the phenomenon she's dubbed back-to-school nesting: "After my daughters were born, I assumed my nesting days were over. Then, just the other day, I found myself frantically purging the pantry of half-eaten boxes of cereal and rock-hard raisins. In fact, I decided the pantry wasn't enough — I had to empty every single cabinet in the house. Today." Sound familiar? I bet you'll find yourself somewhere in the piece that follows, which is very funny and hits close to home.

And now, I will reward myself with a wildly expensive pumpkin spice candle.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
BAD APPLE
Is It Safe To Eat Apples Right Off Trees At The Orchard? The 411 On This Favorite Fall Activity

Chill moms and food safety experts don't exactly agree.

Read More.
NOT OK
Mom Films Neighbors Playing On Her Family's Swing Set Without Asking, Prompting Internet Debate

"Are you team #beneighborly or are you #getoffmylawn?"

Read More.
CUTIE PIE!
Jennifer Garner Shares Her Own Kindergarten Throwback Pic In Honor Of Back-To-School Season

How does she still look the same?!

Read More.
Featured
SMH
Kids Have Zero Texting Etiquette, Huh?

"Texting with kids is an actual trip," writes Meg St-Esprit today. "While I vividly remember my first cell phone and learning to send a message by tapping each number multiple times, my kids don't really recall a time when they couldn't send me a message or a string of 45 emojis." And consequently, their messages are absolutely bananas… and also hilarious. "While I never expected to get my children phones so early, living in a walkable community combined with working from home has meant cell phone access has its pros. It also has so many cons," she writes. I bet you'll relate to this one.

Read More ⮕
What We're Reading
10 Last Minute Labor Day Activities For Families
Pee-wee Herman Basically Destroyed The 80s Power Suit
My Teen Warned Me My New Boyfriend Is "Dead Behind the Eyes." Huh?
Follow us on:
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealing the Limelight, Elections & Truth

Empiricism usurped in the 21st century by ideology as represented by the lamentable Kamala Harris Kamala - stealing limelight,...