Friday, October 20, 2023

Just Because I'm Divorced Doesn't Mean My Marriage Failed

Oct. 20, 2023
I FEEL THIS
Just Because I'm Divorced Doesn't Mean My Marriage Failed

"Nothing makes me madder – or sadder – when I hear the phrase 'failed marriage,'" writes Meg Raby today. "I didn't fail when it came to ending my marriage. Our marriage didn't fail, either. The marital relationship with my ex husband was simply over – it had run its course, taught me what I needed to be taught, and provided me with tools and insights on how I wanted to live the rest of my life. It didn't fail, but acquaintances on down to random moms I meet say it did."

Well, she's making the case that they're wrong, and it just might change your perspective. At the very least, it'll make you watch your words a little more closely. Hear her out.

Kelly Faircloth, Executive Editor

Read More ⮕
Latest
Emma Chao/Scary Mommy; Getty Images
PARENTING
From The Confessional: 'I Don't Know How To Feel Sexy Again'

18 parents share what's really on their minds.

Read More.
A-BOO-NDANT OFFERINGS
100+ Scary Movies & Shows You Can Stream On Prime Video This Spooky Season

Seriously, there's something for everyone.

Read More.
BETTER THAN A FOOTLONG
Costco's Massive Thanksgiving Dinner Kit Is Here

And it doesn't seem like they forgot anything.

Read More.
Featured
NO NO NO NO NO
Climate Change Is Really F*cking With My Parenting

Here in New York, we're about to have our seventh straight rainy weekend. That's after a broiling hot summer and, before that, a winter where it never snowed enough to sled. And Janine Annett has had enough: "Once upon a time, in a distant galaxy (i.e., a time and place before I had a child), this might not have had much of an impact on our weekend plans. If it rained, we could just sleep in late, maybe watch a movie, or catch up on some reading. But now? It's problematic." Amen to that.

Read More ⮕
What We're Reading
Yes, We Should Be Talking About Britney Spears' Abortion
R.L. Stine Is Sorry For Scaring Generations of Children: "I Only Ever Wanted To Be Funny"
She Studies Kids And Media For A Living. Here's 1 Thing She Doesn't Do With Her Own Teen's Phone
Follow us on:
Want to Advertise With Us? Get in Touch.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hate Throwing My Kids’ Birthday Parties

Please no. Sep. 18, 2024 South_agency/E+/Getty Images please no more I Hate Throwing My Kids' Birthday Parties Today, Ashley Zie...