'Sapa', a new slang that has been coined by Nigerians is a state of hardship, hunger and being extremely broke.

A couple of Nigerians on Twitter shared their worst 'sapa' moment in the university and we decided to bring this question to members of our little community.

So here are 5 Nigerians sharing their worst 'sapa' stories:

1. "Soaking garri in the hostel, with tap water"

2. "I had just rice and some sachets of milo left in the house so I cooked white rice and milo and ate it like that like it was some foreign dish."

3. "I was so broke and I didn't have money to go back to Lagos from school after my exams. I had to follow my neighbour who stays in Lagos to a burial ceremony in Aba because of free ride. After the burial, my guy said he wasn't going to Lagos again and that he was going to Port Harcourt from Aba. I had no money so I followed him to PH. When we got to PH, he was said he had to go back to Calabar. Luckily, I had an uncle in PH so I just begged him for money to travel back to Lagos."

4. "Anytime I got really broke in school and I didn't have enough cash on me to buy food, I would just buy cigarettes. One time, I had run out of matchsticks and I had no lighter, so I tried using the light bulb to light my cigarette."

5. I once sold my neighbour's dog to some Calabar restaurant for 4k because I was broke. I didn't even feel guilty about it because the dog was always barking and disturbing at night, so I kinda did the neighbourhood a huge favour."

6. "My roommate went to the bank to withdraw 500 naira, when he handed the withdrawal slip to the banker, he looked at it, laughed out loud, tore the paper and dashed him 1k😂😂"

7. "I made beans and deliberately put plenty of water. I sieved the water out after the beans was done cooking and I used it as soup to eat swallow."


Enjoyed reading this? Don't forget to like, subscribe, drop a comment & share this post 🤩💛


LET'S HEAR YOUR STORIES

So over to you guys, what's your worst 'sapa' moment?

Let us know in the comments below or leave us an anonymous message.

Processing…
Success! You're on the list.

This free site is ad-supported. Learn more