I am feeling grateful and thankful this afternoon.

The boy and his bride joined me at 9:30 this morning to help clean up our backyard.

I have been trying to do it on my own, however, I needed some outside help.

This summer I have experienced an invasion of awful weeds called pokeweeds. They can have very thick stalks and berries that when they stained my clothes, I looked like I had been shot. Nasty little buggers. The weeds had the audacity to slop over into my neighbor's yards on both sides.  Of course, I went over and cut them out.

Trees had started to grow into our chain link fence and randomly throughout the yard.  Many have been removed, but still some remain.

Sticks that have been collected after recent storms have been burned.

The yard really looks pretty good!  We didn't get all the jobs on my list done, but a lot was accomplished!

I am tired, but it's that good kind of tired.  The tired you feel after a hard, successful days' work.

So, I am grateful to and thankful for my boy and his bride for giving up a good portion of their Sunday to help us out.

We endeavored to make our backyard look better and we were able to make it happen.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
-Voltaire


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more