Today, we have a guest writer, Neha Ruch, talking about how she struggled for years with the phrase "stay-at-home mom." "A funny thing happened when I took a career break to raise my kids: I struggled to answer that most ubiquitous question, 'So, what do you do?' At first, I thought the question itself, posed by strangers at parties and school pickup lines, was challenging enough," she writes. "But I soon discovered my rambling, self-conscious response was even worse."
And now she's digging into why that might be, and what she prefers to use instead. If you find yourself feeling similarly, it's worth a read.
The horrific wildfires in California got us thinking: What is an important document and what should you be prepared to flee your home with, whether you live in an area prone to wildfires, hurricanes or flooding… or anything else. So Sam Darby did some poking around to see what's recommended – and what's not – to have at the ready. Hey, "Be Prepared" is a great life motto, after all.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive communications from BDG Media. If you believe this has been sent to you in error, please safely unsubscribe. Or to manage preferences click here
BDG Media, Inc. · 315 Park Ave. South · New York, NY 10010 · USA
Copyright 2025 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved.
No comments:
Post a Comment