I've been a Sara O'Leary fan for quite some time, and have also grown into a big Carmen Mok fan this past year as I've gotten to know more of her artwork. What a great team for Percy's Museum, a positively lovely book about change, new perspectives, nature, and curiosity.

Percy has moved from the city to the country. At first his new home seems quiet and lonely. But he begins to discover the intricacies of nature and just how beautiful and exciting it can be. There are some lines that really stand out to me, like "The dark can seem empty but really is very full." I love the hues used in the illustrations by Mok -- even the dying flowers are beautiful.

After a while on that waitlist, I finally got to review a library copy. 🌻Recommended ages 3-7. A thoughtful book written by Sara O'Leary, illustrated by Carmen Mok, and published by Groundwood Books/House of Anansi🇨🇦


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more