I recently reconnected with an old friend who I haven't seen in years. The magic of this meeting brings a lot of life full circle for both of us from a different perspective but all revolves around music. If it wasn't for them I would never have started down this road I'm on now or have the deep appreciation of music I do. While they have carried on at the same level of interest but instead of education like me have taken more of a psychological approach. Both of us credit the other for our love of music and tastes as we remember discovering albums and songs together while reliving the "glory days".

It was through this trip down memory lane that we expanded into the now as I explained my view and Legends covering Legends leading us to the song that's the root of us. It wasn't until that moment that I thought about it or it had occurred to me this was the first song. It's a classic and oddly enough an adopted folk song that took a few decades to get the correct credit for who wrote it. Hard to deny the  impact Led Zeppelin had on the song and thanks to Anne Bredon "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" has thrived for decades and one of the corner stones of rock legend. And while the original version  still thrives today on playlists around the world there have been a small few to deliver it in just as epic fashion. I'm the Listener and this week for Legends covering Legends I give you Pink performing one of the most soulful and moving versions of "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" and the song that started it all for me for Classic Rock Wednesday...Thursday Edition.

#ClassicRock #Rock #60srock #LedZeppelin #Zeppelin #Pink #Legendscovringlegends #Classic #LiveMusic #CoverSong #Babeimgonaleaveyou #TheListener #ClassicRockWednesday #CLRW #5280Geek #StayGeeky    


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more