I always find it funny thinking about how we tend to make plans for one, five, or ten years down the line. When I look back at my life from even 3 months ago, I never would have expected to be where I am today.

That may also be due to the fact that I'm now working as a 'freelancer'... Although I don't know if that word accurately describes where I am now. I want to say business-owner or entrepreneur, but I don't think I'm there yet.

Running my business for the past 5 months has taught me a lot. It's grown from something I didn't know could be viable, to something that could potentially pay me more than my previous job. And I'm only just getting started.

Committing to the business was putting myself on the line - my name, my reputation, my identity. It was so scary in the beginning but I'm starting to get used to it now. What's undeniable though, is how much opportunity comes your way, once you put yourself out there.

By committing to this identity and sharing it as my own to the people around me, opportunities have been coming my way in every direction. Sometimes the growth is slow, but sometimes, it's exponential.

So I like to have goals and ideas of where I'd like to be a few years from now, but if my experience has taught me anything, it is that whatever ends up happening will be unbelievably beyond my greatest expectations. And I can't wait for that.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more