It's the season for trick or treat! And man, my little one is about it! He loves Halloween and pumpkins and fall. At age 3, it's important that the things we do are both age appropriate and fun, and I thought this list of seasonal activities might be helpful to my other momma hen friends!

#1: Do a Fall Craft

Here are 4 things you can do with your toddler as we approach Halloween!

There's really no season that doesn't come with some kind of cute craft! And there are SO many cute things to make - and many of them are great opportunities to show your kids hand-eye coordination skills and flex their creative muscles.

There are a million ideas on Pinterest for DIY crafts - and I genuinely love so many of those - but if you're a busy momma or you don't have all of the supplies for those, you may want to buy a simple $1 kit at your local dollar store.

This make-your-own scarecrow sign kit was $1 at my local Dollar General and the only thing I needed to add was glue. Little man had a blast - and he's so proud of his scarecrow now!

#2: Bake a Pumpkin Patch Cake

I shared this one on the blog last week - but it's too good of a Halloween themed activity to not share again! (Click here for the full tutorial.)

Bake a simple box cake - but purchase some green icing and pumpkin candies too. You can decorate this cake as a pumpkin patch - and, again, let your kiddo exercise their hand-eye coordination.

My kiddo has shared that he made a "pumpkin cake" with so many people! This is probably going to be an annual tradition for us now because he had so much fun - and I'll never complain about a sweet treat in the house!

#3: Gift a Boo Bag

You've probably heard of getting "boo'd" at Halloween - where you leave a bag or basket of seasonally themed items at a neighbor's stoop or a coworker's desk. I thought a Boo Bag for my little one was a good adaptation of this tradition!

I filled it with a Halloween card, a fall book (we love the little critters books!), a glow stick pumpkin necklace, a popcorn ball, and a pumpkin cup. He loved this surprise - and half of the items are useful, which is great.

#4: Make a Salty & Sweet Snack Mix

Last year, I shared this recipe (click here) for a sweet and salty fall treat!

What says fall better than candy corn? Not much - but add a little substance to that sweet treat, and you're right on the money!

This is a good one if your child is eager to help with mixing in the kitchen - or counting out different items as you prepare them.

What Halloween activities do you do with your toddler? Any traditions we should partake in? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below…

And from our house to yours: Happy Fall, Y'all!

Video


This post is ad-supported