One of my favorite scriptures can be found in Isaiah 52 verse 7. The words: How beautiful upon the mountain are the feet of him who brings good news, who proclaim peace, who brings good news of happiness, who proclaim salvation, who says to Zion, "Your God reigns." I find these words encouraging when I am feeling a bit lost for direction and purpose in my life. How I found this jewel for my life is the story I would like to share today, in the hope something about my walk with God will be good news for you the reader. NIV

Some years ago, I was given a pair of shoes that were no longer wanted by a friend's daughter. I thought they were beautiful; they were black leather with a cute white and red polka dotted bow across the toe area. Every time I wore those beautiful shoes, someone would comment on my feet. Total strangers stopped me to comment on those shoes. They would ask me where I had bought them, and tell me how beautiful they looked. It happened too many times to be just a coincidence; it even happened at a Christian home group I attended. It was there as I laughed and joked about the attention those shoes got, I realised that I was supposed to be paying attention to something more important. God was speaking and I needed to listen. The penny dropped, okay Lord you have my attention, and by time I had arrived home, this scripture was well and truly imprinted on my heart.

Like the messenger who took the good news of Cyrus's decree of liberation/salvation to God's people from the Babylonians,

I would be a messenger and take good news where ever God lead me.

Love and laughter

Zoe.

knew I