Two in one day. I obviously have a lot on my mind.

I have landed and I am here. In Florida. So it gets better?

Obviously!

A few things about my travels. The Spanish Latte was AWESOME! Not a particular fan of flying Southwest. Sort of felt like flying with Walmart. Meh. And please close the plane bathroom door after taking a crap on a tiny plane. Sort of thought that would go without saying but there ya go.

I finally got to squeeze myself off that toy plane and onto the shortest tram ever to get to the main gate at the Tampa Airport. Then I saw my parents. My mom looks the same. My dad…does not. At all.

Well, I wasn't the only one dealing with unfamiliarity. My dad looked at me like he had no clue who I was. I hugged him in all his confusion. His small, withered, white, frail frame. That hit hard. And then the dementia stuff started. That hit harder.

Life doesn't fight fair.

I watched this giant, strong, hairy as fuck man run the role of dad for such a long time. Even two years ago, when I had last seen him, he was like a mature Brawny man. And now? Now.

Fuck now.

Just when I thought the tide had shifted a bit. Nope! The next set is coming and it's a fucking biggie.

Im so tired.

I'm tired.

My heart, my body, my mind, my spirit.

I'm tired.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more