The only seeds I saved from last fall and planted successfully this year were morning glories and sunflowers. Since it worked so well I'm saving both again. Both are so easy to harvest.

I am currently drying sunflower heads in paper sacks on my dryer. Not the ideal strategy--last year I hung them outside with paper bags tied around each head to protect the seeds. But, this year it's been so wet there's no chance of anything drying out there. I think the seeds will be fine and ready to come off the head in a few days.

I did already remove the tiny flowerets that cover each seed. An oddly satisfying task; gave me the same feeling sas popping bubble wrap except much quicker.

Removing the seeds, once they are fully dry, will be just as easy. Then, it's just a matter of storing them till next summer.