Welcome aboard train wreck.

I love my book collection. I love knowing at any given moment I can grab book and enjoy it in my house. The only problem is this. My bookshelf becomes a catchall.

If this is your first time here, welcome aboard, train wreck. Glad to have you here. If this isn't your first time here, I'm still glad to have you. Please like, comment, share, and subscribe. My goal is to have five hundred subscribers by the end of the year. I think we can make that happen.

Make a one-time donation

Your contribution is appreciated.

Donate


Make a monthly donation

Your contribution is appreciated.

Donate monthly


Make a yearly donation

Your contribution is appreciated.

Donate yearly

Please consider donating to help keep this going. $1 and I'll ask you what your favorite book is so we can talk about it. $5 and I'll write a review of a book you suggest. $10 and I'll write a blog suggested by you.

Look at it. I tried so hard to make it aesthetically pleasing. This does not make me happy. It does not spark joy. Between grabbing books for my Bookstagram (you can follow me here https://www.instagram.com/thebookishlifeofjenbaldwin/ ) and just family in general, this bookshelf is trashed. And now that I've been binge watching Booktuber Daniel Green roast people for their bookshelves, I felt it was time to get this together. And by time I mean I did this at 6 am because why not.

Look st this. What happened? How did it get this bad?
Seriously, all I did was take the knick knacks off and found my kids' library books and school picture order forms.
So. that's where that pin back went!
Um, excuse me. New bookshelf, who dis? Look how pretty. Pay no attention to my desk now. I'll get that next. So, this time I went with a genre set up. Can you see what I have the most of?
I have a whole empty shelf. This is Nano. I got him two years ago to help me get through Nanowrimo. He just kind of hangs out.
YA dystopian type shelf.
General fiction I really had nothing else to go with.
Fantasy.
Manga.
Horror. Daniel Green, please don't hate over my well placed Funko Pop.
Non fiction and how to's.
WItchy.
Lillian Jackson Braun and Murder, She Wrote. I have a feeling that empty shelf is about to become my Jessica Fletcher shelf. Ooh, I'll need another Funko.
Culinary cozies.
Cozy mysteries I don't have more than one of.
Smaller series of cozies and mysteries that aren't all that cozy.

I can't believe how much room I found. I did take my son's books to his room. That freed up two whole shelves there. And I did find another shelf and four pegs. I may wind up resizing the shelves. Then I can make more room for more books.

What do you think? How do you organize your books? Color, author, genre? Let me know. Again, if you like what I post, please like, comment, share, and subscribe. Please consider donating to help keep this going. $1 and I'll ask you what your favorite book is so we can talk about it. $5 and I'll write a review of a book you suggest. $10 and I'll write a blog suggested by you.

To help you get through your TBR, I'm including a printable bookmark. Just print it on cardstock. You can laminate it, it you like. Hope you enjoy.


This post is ad-supported