Turnout. If what I'm reading is correct, D's turnout was shit here in Virginia.

I'm perpetually pissed at the Biden administration for one thing or another, and livid with Senate Democrats.

I was excited to vote for my delegate Kathy Tran (she won), and Hala Ayala. Herring was "Eh, he'll be fine" and I will totally admit that McAuliffe was... "Ugh, FINE, I will do it, but I won't love it." (I didn't think he'd be a total fuckup in office, just wasn't my first choice.)

So, I didn't go to the polls with unbridled enthusiasm. It's not the first time the folks I voted for in a primary didn't make it to the general - I'm kinda used to it.

But not voting? Was never an option, especially this year.

I genuinely don't get it. I want to know why people who voted for Biden last year, just didn't come out at all this year.

I know it wasn't access - all the expansion we did last year, they made it permanent - and now that's been pissed away.

I just want to know why they didn't care enough to vote.

But I'm sure we'll get a TON of great interviews with racist Karens talking about how they had to PROTECT THE CHILDREN from CRT. (Yeah, white women were at it again here.)