My Thanksgiving week blogs didn't happen last month. My new laptop would not turn on. I went through all the troubleshooting tips. I swapped out the battery and power cord. I contacted the manufacturer to start a replacement or repair. I am glad that all of my important documents, my novels, and family photos are loaded on my external hard drive and on a cloud. However, I was not willing to return the laptop without cleaning the hard drive. I opted to repair it myself.

It made me ponder about how many areas of our lives are connected to an 8-pound device. Our dependence on electronic devices, the internet, and storage clouds. Luckily, I have important information loaded on an external hard drive.

My motherboard needed to be replaced. I was able to order another motherboard on Ebay. I installed it today. It was a fairly simple repair. I will say that I will not buy a renewed electronic device. It will be fresh from the factory from this point on.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more