In case you missed it, I am currently doing CrossFit style and strength training inside a regular gym instead of a box. It has its challenges, but one of the benefits is the option of other classes. Two of my gym buddies wanted to try spin classes early in the morning once or twice a week. I've been to the class twice. So far, it's not my favorite. The coach seems fine. The people in the class are friendly and hardworking. My main issue is I compare it to my time biking outside. I love my road bike and going places. I love seeing the countryside go by. Going up and down actual hills. Seeing concrete progress as I rack up miles. I have the same feelings about a treadmill.

Still, I stick with it. I try to be patient, step back, and see what I can learn from this experience. I am not excited about standing up on my road bike. I tend to be a little bit lazy. I don't like staying in big gears on the hills. Spin class makes me stay in the resistance, even upping it little by little.

The best part of spin is working out with friends. But honestly, for the most part, it is forgettable. I'm not remarkably sore the next day. Life goes on.

The only thing that has really stuck with me is a quote from the instructor: "if something isn't working, change it."

I'm guessing she meant on our bikes. Adjust the resistance. How I'm sitting.

Instead, it hit me over the head that this is just about life.

If something isn't working, change it.

I can't just walk out on the challenge. I can't throw in the towel. I can't change the way people act. I can't change the past.

I can change my mindset. I can change my focus, my efforts, my energy. I can change my own actions.

What's not working for me? For you? What can you change?

Don't just sulk. Don't just fret. Don't just complain or gossip.

A simple message for today. How does it apply to your life?

If something isn't working, change it.